Sunday, September 18, 2011

For those who are waiting

....I have officially completed all of my goals for my Wood Badge "ticket" and was given my beads and neckerchief at our Pack Meeting last week.  Jena was our photographer for this event.

Jena missed taking a picture of me actually with my new neckerchief and beads but this is the point where my Course Scoutmaster was talking about the beads.



This is a display with some quotes from Baten-Powell, the Pack History book I did for one of my goals, and some other Scout stuff.

It is a good feeling to be done and to have forced myself to do things that I would not usually have done.  It is easy to be caught up in the day to day business of life that we (at least I) can forget that we can do new things and challenge ourselves a little bit to do more or do better or learn something new.  It is part of what enriches us.  Now on to new tasks and goals.....(I am sure that Gary hopes it has something to do with cooking, but I am not sure.  I do know that I want to do a 25 miles bike ride down the rail trail between Parck City and East Canyon, so we have been biking in preparation for that.)  Come join us if you can.  It will be great.

Quote from Baten-Powell: 
“The most worth-while thing is to try to put happiness into the lives of others.”
Have a great day!!

No comments: