Monday, July 25, 2011

Webelo Day Camp

This is out of order but I did want to put in this picture with Gary and most of his current group of Webelos. We attended Camp Fife this year which is about 1 1/2 hours north of us. It was a beautiful camp and they had a great time with BMX bikes, zip line, archery, guns, rock climbing and some of the nature/outdoorsmen classes. We took 10 boys and 3 adults. We went on July 12.

Gary and some of the Webelos
A train passsing near the camp

Opening Flag ceremony. One thing I love about Scouts is the opportunity to attend flag ceremonies. Our girls miss out on a lot of that. It is a sweet moment to stand in the outdoors and participate in a flag ceremony and watch the flag fly. Even 10 year old boys can be quiet and stand at attention at moments like this.

I wonder if we will ever be too old to go to camp...I am sure it will happen, but hopefully not for a long time.

(I am still waiting for my friend Robynn to move to Utah so we can have a Cub den together in some inner city area. That was a plan that we had at one time while we were still living in Plano.)

No comments: