Monday, July 25, 2011

A busy week afterall

After catching up my blog on July 4th, the following Sunday I felt like I didn't have anything much to blog about as it had been a "quiet" week as far as things went.

A few days later, I was using my camera at Webelo Day Camp and came upon a variety of pictures that reminded me that the week of July 4 through July 10 was a busy and happy week.

After having an amazing fireworks display on July 2nd at the Stadium of Fire, we hadn't made big plans for the 4th. We just went over to Gary's sister who lives around the corner in a culdesac and prepared to light our combination pack of fireworks (the $19.95 special from Wal-Mart). Little did we know that we were going to enjoy a complete fireworks display. This year aerial fireworks are legal in Utah and from Valerie and Allan's porch we saw and/or heard fireworks 360 degrees around us. It went on for over an hour (and much later than that but we were tired) and was fun (especially since we didn't pay for them).

A couple of days later, we had the annual HK Women's Lunch which includes anyone who has ever lived in Hong Kong. It was held in Provo. It was so wonderful to sit in the room with 40 or so women who have that common tie---some are my dear friends and others that I have never met. Our ages ran from 25 to 80 or so. Each of us with our own set of life experiences but we share our love of Hong Kong. I saw one of my friends who I have not seen for over 19 years although we have yet in touch over the years. Friends are such a great part of life.

Then on Saturday we held a bridal shower for my (on Gary's side) soon to be wife. He has been looking for a "long time" for the right one and we think he did a good job. They are getting married on August 5th.

Work, yard stuff,Primary, and family things were fit on top of all that. Our renter moved out that week and Scott and Chantel began moving into our townhouse so they will now live about 3 miles from us, at least for the next year until they finish school.

And that was the "quiet" week that I couldn't remember ...when Sunday came. I think I might have taken a too long of nap that day.

No comments: