Sunday, June 6, 2010

State Track and Field Summer Games


After having a snowstorm. wind, and rain for the Area Games, we had a beautiful day for the track and field games at BYU in Provo.  I love going back to the BYU campus.  It is so beautiful and I have so many great memories of the years (and years) I spent on campus.  If I lived close enough, I would probably still be taking classes now.

I pointed out the "Y" on the mountain and told Jena that I had climbed up there and beyond on the trails around those two mountain tops.  From this distance, it looks a lot steeper than I remembered.  Not sure I would want to climb it these days.

Jena was in three events:  softball throw (she got a silver metal in her division); 50 meter run (fifth place ribbon)  and the 25 meter run (bronze metal).  She had a good time and beat her best time in the 50 meter even though shecame in fifth.  We were very proud of her.


There is her name on the "big screen"--lane 8



Here she is getting ready for her first race.....she announced her own name and team over the loud speaker...............






Here she is running the 25 meter.




Getting one of her metals from the volunteers.

Jena wanted to take a picture of us...but Gary decided to be silly.  Jena loved it!!!


It was a great day and we all got a bit sunburned.  We had driven in two cars, because Gary headed home and Jena and I headed off to Arizona.......................next post.  :)


No comments: