Sunday, August 21, 2022

A Stop At the Syracuse Temple

On Saturday morning, August 6th, I headed up to Syracuse but I was a bit early so I decided to swing by the temple site to see the progress on "our" temple.  It is such a sweet blessing to have a temple in the very town where you live.

Views from the north--
This is the front of the temple.
There is a picture of the picture of the design of the temple.

What a day it will be when the temple is dedicated and finally available for doing work for our ancestors--it will be amazing to share with the good people of Syracuse---it is projected to be done by the first half of 2024 which means we may be on our second mission still--but if we are close enough...we may make a trip back for that event!

I am sure you will hear more about this temple in the months and years ahead.
 

And just being there early on a Saturday morning with no one else around brought that sweet spirit of temples to me and the crazy week of appointments, mission life, and everyday life seemed less pressing or complicated as I reflected on the love of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and the great plan of happiness They have for all of their children.  Just what I needed to start another busy day and to end my busy week.

No comments: