Sunday, December 5, 2021

Mission Zone Leaders Plus Jena Christmas Party

The mission presidency and their wives organized and treated us all to a lovely Christmas dinner and program on the 9th floor of the Joseph Smith Building.  Jena was specifically included in our invitation and was mentioned as one of the special guests (I think she was surprised but happy.  She gave a cute wave from her seat.)

We had one of the Seventies (who served on the mission committee of the Church) but I don't know how to spell his name.  He had been a religion teacher at BYU and gave a fascinating talk about Christmas traditions and ancient history of the religion.  I could have listened to him for a long time.  I wish that I had taken notes.  There is so much that I don't know that I want to know!

Christmas lights on at Temple Square

Beautiful Music
violin, piano, and then a harp-piano duet

Table display

Jena with her name card

A view to the west from the 9th floor
As we left, some Temple Square missionaries were singing Christmas hymns so we enjoyed that for a few minutes.  Christmas is in the air!


No comments: