Sunday, December 22, 2019

SNOW

These were taken on an early morning walk.  If you are not familiar with snow, these are snow clouds--in every directions--right when I didn't want snow.


It was also very cold, even with several layers on.
It started sleeting a bit during my walk, but it was the next day or so that we woke up to find
a winter wonderland (or as I called it--the Thanksgiving Trip wrecker!)
 I admit that it is beautiful when it first falls ----
and it makes the dogs SO excited...

And when I am warm inside, it looks so peaceful and pretty out the windows....
and brings a calmness to the world (especially when I don't have to commute to Salt Lake in it.)
However, these storms came as promised during Thanksgiving week, so, as Gary and I had worked out, snow meant no trip to Oro Valley for Thanksgiving.  Instead, Gary was out snowplowing and I worked in de-junking and boxing up stuff in our basement, getting ready for painting, new carpets, etc.
And after eating Thanksgiving leftovers for over a week, we had a chicken dinner on Thanksgiving with just Gary, Ben, Jena and I.  Jessica and family came on the Sunday afterwards and had another Thanksgiving dinner with us (Turkey casserole and the rest of the normal stuff). So it wasn't as planned, but it worked!  Happy Thanksgiving!  So grateful for our many blessings!

No comments: