Sunday, April 23, 2017

A blur of a week.....

This past week has been a bit of a blur......

On Tuesday I attended the funeral of a friend of mine.  She has a son who was 25 with Down syndrome who passed away in his sleep a week prior.  Although I didn't know him real well, I had worked with her many times.  And of course this just touches very close to home for us.  It was a very sweet service.  All of his three siblings and his parents spoke.  Roz, his mother, shared: "I posted on Facebook that our hearts were breaking.  I know now that the reason was because our hearts were so full."  

I loved that.  I feel that--my heart is always so full of love--for Gary, my kids, their families, my parents, my siblings, the grandkids, family and friends everywhere, the people on the street, the people across the world.  And sitting in Josh's funeral, you couldn't help but feel the fullness of love he brought to everyone he touched during his life.

Wednesday, Jena had her last day of Wonderwood.  They talked about their unit about space and here is their art mural.  Jena loves the teachers and students at Wonderwood and we are looking forward to future opportunities with them.


Wednesday was also a hard day because it was decided that Ben needed to be sent back to the State Hospital.  The first week he was back, his own doctor was out of town.  However when she got back, she was immediately not happy with the state he was at and the type of medication regimen he had. We had thought the same things and had tried to stop the transfer as we felt he was not ready and the medication schedule was too complex to be managed outside of the hospital.  He was heartbroken as you can imagine as we were all.  Our only hope is that the doctor down there will listen to Ben's doctor here and make some significant changes in things.  We also hope that he is able to have more vocation and occupational training while he is there.  I was disappointed to find out that he is now back on "on unit" which means he doesn't have a job, can't leave the unit even for meals and can't attend the therapies which I felt were the most useful.  He has "to earn all of that back".  I feel that is not fair as he shouldn't have been transferred yet.  So now it is back to trips to Provo again....

I tried to get some homework in as it is the end of the semester--two big project left to finish!! I was having a hard time getting into either of them so I was grateful for the opportunity to watch Zander and Liam on Friday night.  (Jena took this "lovely" picture of me.)

And then we got to play with Scarlett on Saturday morning.  More about that in the next post!!!

(And the good news is that I finished one of my last big assignments on Saturday night and got a great idea for the final project on Saturday morning-win-win!)

No comments: