Sunday, April 10, 2016

Student of the Month

I bet you guessed that this post is about Jena.  She is a good student.  However it is actually about me. I didn't even know that the Kaysville campus selected a student of the month each month.  They came in looking for me and handed me a blanket and said that my professors had nominated me for "representing our class and giving help to fellow students."  All it really means is that I got a free "sweatshirt-style" Aggie blanket.

It is very soft and light.....and at least it is the right color to match our "navy and white" master bedroom.
(Gary told me last night that he tried to get a picture of me sleeping under the blanket during a nap but the "A-Utah State" wasn't showing enough to make it good "blackmail" picture. He loves to tease me about going to Utah State as a BYU Cougar.)

Tuesday had one other piece of good news:  My background check for DCFS FINALLY cleared after all of this time--with about 30 hours left of my internship.  It has been a comedy of errors with wrong paperwork, lost paperwork, and my hard to scan fingerprints (they asked me if I played the piano as that often causes fingerprints to be "shallow" and hard to scan.)

1 comment:

Gemie said...

Ha, ha. Never thought hard work could erase fingerprints. Lay off the Clorox!