Sunday, August 9, 2015

Other sights and sounds

from the Giberson Reunion----

Morgan, Sophee and Max watching Minute to Win It
I think they are wondering how they are related to these crazy people!

Morgan and Jena
Morgan had gathered all of the ducks and lined them up
on the bench after our morning races.

 Sometimes we just hung out in the shade to talk and play games.
 

 
 
And sometimes we just kept playing games......
I found people to play "Ticket to Ride" with
I think the game that was played the most was "Werewolves" which we played with 30 people at one sitting but there were smaller games played as well.  I played "Chronology" which I also love.  There were a couple of other games that the teens/ young adults played but I didn't catch the names of those.

The kids played bocce around the yard area...........
 
Saturday night we had a fireside with a fire, of course.  First we did a short "Ask Grandpa and Nana" where people asked Dad and Karla questions about growing up and getting married, etc.  Then  Dad (Grandpa) shared the Testimony of the Three Witnesses of the Book of Mormon and then shared his own testimony to all of us.  It was a sweet time together.
Karla answering a question during the "Q&A" time

Dad sharing his testimony












Dad and Karla had stayed the nights at a hotel in Angel Fire which was about 30 minutes north by car.  So they had decided not to come back in the morning for breakfast so after the fireside everyone was saying goodbye to them.  It was so sweet to me to see the grandchildren and the great-grandchildren hugging my dad and saying goodbye.  I watched for a bit and finally thought about snapping a picture so I only got the tail end of the exchange between my dad, my nephew, Paul and his oldest son, Jay.  The three of them had embraced together and then paused to talk a minute which is the moment I took the picture.

Dad, Paul and Jay
Sunday morning the rest of us had a outdoor breakfast on the deck of the "Rick and Linda" Cabin.
 The greats all joined each other on a blanket outside of the cabin but I couldn't see Ben or Jena....
When I stepped into the cabin, it actually brought tears to my eyes to see all of these Giberson cousins all crowded into one spot enjoying their last moments together.  My picture didn't turn out that great but it reminds me of that awesome moment---I so love and appreciate my nieces and nephews.  Even though we can't get all together often, they care about each other and enjoy the moments they have.........
One of the last cars leaving..............
And we are now on our way as well---another reunion "in the books"---

May God be with you 'til we meet again!!!
 
2018---San Diego or Salt Lake!!!!!!
The bids are now open.

No comments: