Monday, December 1, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving 2014

Our Thankful Board
I hung this board in our entry and the idea was that we would have everyone who came to our house write something they were thankful for on it.  However with the month we had, not many people came into our house and when they did, I didn't think to have them do it.  There is always next year!

As I mentioned, I spent Thanksgiving at home without any of the food or trimmings and that was fine.  It was a good day of getting better.

Gary and Jena went down and visited Ben and ate a nice Thanksgiving dinner at the cafeteria at the hospital.  They both returned stuffed they reported.  Then in the late afternoon they picked up Uncle Allan and headed over to Mom Hall's for 49er Football (sad night as they lost) and "Leftovers" which was another huge meal in itself.  They felt like they had a good holiday all in all.

Jessica and Elessia stayed in Salt Lake and went to a movie before they both headed to work.  Jessica had the day off but volunteer to work for someone who had children so they could spend part of the holiday together.

Scott and Chantel and Scarlett had a fun day at her parents.  Scarlett was the highlight of the day, of course.

Tosha, Austen and Niki spent the holiday with some friends although it didn't go exactly as she planned. It was okay, she reports.  I am sure that Niki was the center of their dinner as well.  Austen reports that his friends are complaining that Niki is making all of their wives baby hungry because he is so mellow and happy.

They just found out that Austen has orders for Okinawa and has to report there by the end of May.  Gary's first response is no, you don't get two trips a year there to visit them.  Hopefully I will get one at least--I am thinking next Christmas would be a good time.  We will have to see.

I am not sure what my dad and Karla did on Thanksgiving but I am happy to report they didn't starve as my dad is still checking on me through email.

So things worked out.  We have a lot to be grateful for.

Happy Thanksgiving, one and all!

No comments: