Sunday, March 3, 2013

Happy Anniversary to Us! 35 years and counting....


As I came into the kitchen as we were leaving for Stake Conference, this is what I found.  Cherry pie, my favorite and a sweet card from Gary.  Since we hadn't really talked about what we were going to do for our anniversary, it was a big and awesome surprise.  I love Gary and I am so lucky that Heavenly Father made it so clear to us (after 4 1/2 years of being friends) that we should get married.  As his card said we make the bad times easier and the good times even better by being together.

He was sure that Jena had given away the surprise as they had bought the pie and card together last night.  He happened to come by as I was brushing her hair this morning so I mentioned to her that it was our anniversary.  She said, "I know, Pie."  I didn't pick up on it at the time until I saw the pie a little while later.  I just thought it was a funny comment and as we often might get pie to celebrate special events it made some sense.  So despite Jena telling me, I was still very surprised.  Thanks, Gary.

Earlier in the year when I noticed our anniversary was on Sunday and a Stake Conference day, I was thinking that Sunday wasn't the "best" day to celebrate our anniversary.  However, it turned out to a nice quiet (we are old enough to enjoy some quiet now and then) day and also nice to sit next to Gary throughout our sweet Stake Conference meeting this morning.  My mind thought of so many of the things which being married to Gary has brought me over the past 35 years and the years and eternity which we have ahead of us. 

This past week (and one more day to go) has been "Suessical" week at our house.  Jena has had a week of late night rehearsals and then performances starting on Thursday night.  I haven't gotten any pictures of her in her costumes yet, but hopefully tomorrow.  She is loving every minute of it.  She comes on stage with big smiles and sings and dances away as a little "Who".  Thursday night, Jessica, Elessia and I went, Friday it was Grandma Hall, Scott and Chantel, Aunt Charon and Uncle Mike, Cousins Chris and Jen with Natalie and Lisa, and Gary and I.  Last night, Gary went on his own as I attended the adult session of our Stake Conference.  Tomorrow night Grandpa Giberson and Karla will attend with Gary and I.  I don't know about Jena, but my dreams and daylight hours are filled with the songs from the show.  It has been awesome.  The cast has been good with her and she in turn has been great for them.  The director, music director, and the dance instructor have also been wonderful with her.

One thing she wasn't fond of was "Dress-up" day for the cast on Thursday when they were to wear Sunday clothes to school.  She looked darling, but it wasn't her favorite and she said her feet hurt at the end of the day wearing her Church shoes.

No smiles this morning!

Friday was better as the whos all wore their
"Suessical" shirts with suspenders.

Friday night--after the show.
It is a great show.  If you can come, join us tomorrow night at 7 at Clearfield High School.

Jena with one of her new friends, Celeste (Mrs. Mayor of the Whos)

2 comments:

Gemie said...

We just celebrated out 37th anniversary on Feb. 13th! Every year something prevents us from being able to take a cruise or something big! Maybe for our 40th! Congratulations on 35 wonderful years!

The Neerings Family said...

Cute pie! Happy 35th!