Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Winding up September

I am not feeling well these past couple of days so I have been laying around the house not doing much of anything (although I did watch the Monday Night Football game last night between the Packers and the Seahawks while Gary, Ben and Jena were out celebrating Jena's birthday with dinner at Panda Express.  That was an interesting game and a more interesting discussions after the game.  Replacement refs are an interesting problem.)  This afternoon I decided to update my blog and was surprised to find that I hadn't written since August.  Not that "that" is uncommon.  It is just that I was thinking I was keeping it more up to date.  Then I found the previous post still in draft mode since I hadn't added the pictures, so I felt better and got it updated and Now I will catch up.

This is the month for Special Olympics competitions.  Golf was on September 7th, Basketball Area games were on Sept. 15th and on this Saturday we head to Logan for the Area Swim Meet at Utah State.  Ties up a lot of Saturdays but it is good for Jena and allows a variety in her life that is awesome.  This year our team fielded a "C" team which included Jena.  These were all girls and Curtis who usually just do basketball skills or who have chosen to do just swimming in the State Games (you can play on a basketball team and swim as these events are held at the same time in the State Games).  They were about a foot shorter than both of the teams they played, but they seemed to have fun even though they lost both of their games in their three team division.

Our "Basketball" Comet

Comets Team C minus Curtis
Hanging out with friend Kaitlyn--one of the highlights of the event for Jena
 Another highlight of that week was that I made the transition from wearing my boot when I was outside of our house to not wearing a boot at all.  I even managed a few walks in the morning, but since I couldn't fit in my tennis shoes yet, it was a bit painful.  My foot continues to improve and now I can fit my tennis shoes on.  Still some pain and swelling but is like my doctor said it is more of an annoyance than anything else.  Glad to be moving forward.

Here is a couple of pictures I took of dawn over the pond where I walk.  I was taking a shorter walk so I came at a different angle than normal and was struck by the beautiful site  (and yes, there is probably a life lesson in that--sometimes we just need to see things from a different view, etc....my thought for the day.)


 AMAZING!!!
It is so awesome that the starting of the day and the setting of the sun
are so breathtaking.  It gives a sure moment of beauty in everyday--
except for the rainy days.......for that we have our memories.
 
 
From basketball,  we headed home for a few hours and then to Red Lobster with Ben and Chantel for Ben's birthday dinner.  I was going to be out of town on his birthday so we celebrated a bit early.  Scott was working at the time and would visit us at our table as we enjoyed some excellent food.
 
After dinner, Jena went to Ben's to hang out while Gary and I attended the Adult Session of our Stake Conference.  It is always one of my most favorite meetings in the Church and this one was excellent as usual. 
 
Then came Stake Conference the next day.....and to our new week and my next adventure!!!  Stay tuned.

No comments: