Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Out of the fire

....into the beautiful fall weather of northern Utah.  After temps of 101 in Mesa when I was at Valerie's, it was nice to feel the cooler weather of home.  I got back on Wednesday night and then had the pleasure of meeting a dear friend, Eileen Bradford, for lunch on Thursday.  Eileen and I
have been friends since 1987 when we met in Hong Kong.  We met for brunch at the Lion House near Temple Square and then walked around outside and enjoyed the fall colors.  For those of you too far to visit Temple Square this month, here is some shots of what you are missing.

Joseph Smith Memorial Building (the former Hotel Utah)
I came out of a new exit from the underground parking and was
struck by how beautiful this old building is.  The picture doesn't capture the effect.


Flowers around the Main Street Plaza


View of the temple from the southeast
Eileen and I had a great visit and a nice lunch.  This was the second time this month I met a friend for lunch at the Lion House (and the third time that I had lunch with a friend.  And I realize that I would have had my fourth lunch on Monday except I was sick with a cold.  The ladies I served with in the Primary Presidency went to lunch).  Friends, conversation, and food are a perfect way to spend an afternoon.

Here is a picture of Eileen and I at the Reflection Pond.  We had sat nearby and talked for awhile after lunch and then had a man take our picture after Eileen took a picture of their family in the same spot.

 
 
Wish I had taken pictures at my other lunches...or even at my sister's.  Oh well. Another time and place, as they say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics mum