Monday, February 6, 2012

"Guys and Dolls"

This past weekend was the long anticipated performances of the Legacy Junior High "Guys and Dolls".  Jena was a member of the cast and has been practicing for months in her musical theater class and for the past few weeks after school.  She loved it and she was awesome in her performance as "the flute player" in the mission band.




I will post a few "professional pictures" when the CD arrives but here are some shots from the three days of performances.  She had a good fan club on every night.  Thursday night Grandpa and Nana Giberson, Jessica and two of her friends-Elessia and Rachel, Scott and Chantel, her Aunt Valerie Burk, Gary and I attended.  Friday night, her friend, Kaitlyn joined me and then we all three went for ice cream after wards, and then on Saturday, Gary came with Grandma Hall, her bowling coach and her daughter, Kelsey, and Jena's friend Maddie and her grandmother, and her functional skills teacher, Mrs. Brooks. (I was there, too.  I sold candy and snacks before and during the intermission.  I still have the music running through my head.)  In addition there were 7 other kids from our neighborhood who were also in the play so all of their families were there each night so Jena knew lots of people in the crowd.

Jessica took some cute ones with her camera but I haven't gotten them yet. Hint, hint....


Midnight Prayer Meeting for the "sinners"

Street Meeting in New York

The bows

The whole mission band on Saturday night
I think there was a total of about 100 students
involved in the play.

Jena with her flowers
I think Jena smiled all three days of the performances.  She wants to do it (be in a play) again.

1 comment:

Valerie Ipson said...

Congratulations, Jena! Wish we could have seen it!