Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day and our talks

Happy Father's day to all the fathers who would happen to ever read this blog...especially my own dad (who also celebrated his birthday yesterday), Gary's dad, and of course Gary. My life is different because of the influences of these men in my life.

Random pictures:

Gary and Jena at Snow Basin

My dad
Gary and Scott and Ben (from our Family pictures taken last year.)
Gary's dad at Jena's birthday in 2007 (It is apparently the only digital picture I have of him other than one where he is sticking his tongue out at the camera.)

The other highlight for today was the Jena gave her very first talk in Church. She did a great job. She was nervous but she didn't hestitate when it was her turn to speak. She stood tall and spoke clearly into the microphone. She chose to talk about families (She was suppose to chose a topic from the True to the Faith booklet.) I helped her write it after reading what was listed in the booklet. It was amazing and we are so proud of her.

I also had to speak today because they had asked the Primary Presidency to speak on righteous attributes of fathers using a scriptural person. I spoke on Mormon and the attribute of teaching. Anyway, I didn't cry while Jena gave her talk, but the young woman who spoke after Jena started her talk by commenting that the MiaMaid class was so blessed by the spirit Jena and Meggan brought to their class that could come in no other way. That made me cry. Debbie, the Primary president, was already teary during Jena's talk so we were glad that we had Hadley's talk to get control. Then the Primary children all sang for Father's Day which is always a cute sweet moment. Our secretary, Amy, spoke after the kids sang so that was good to have a moment to stop the tears. Amy had never spoken in Church before and she did a great job and looked very calm. I am so lucky to serve with these amazing, sweet woman along with Kristy (who spoke on Mother's Day so didn't speak with us today).


Again, Happy Father's Day!

No comments: