Monday, June 13, 2011

Construction--Week 2

I went out last night in my robe to catch some pictures of the work progress to date on our back yard construction project.

They removed only a part of the deck in order to allow them to dig and pour the foundation for the support beams for the roof of the deck. They are building the roof first and then building the new deck under it. That protects the deck from contruction damage as much as possible.
The biggest change is the addition of some cement.

I wanted to be able to walk from the house to the deck without walking on grass. So we added a firepit area, room for a picnic table and a path to our up-ground pool (which we will put up AFTER construction!)

This will be a comfortable backyard with some fun things when it is all done (It is probably a 15 year project if you include my garden scale railroad and my grandmother's garden.) Hopefully the "bones" of the yard will be put together this year.

As I am sure I have mentioned, I am not really a "yard" person although I do love flowers, bushes, and trees and I actually like working in the yard. The problem is that I want to work in the yard when I have time or "feel like it" and yards are a more everyday or every week type of demand. Hopefully our new back yard will be more organized and useful to all of us. IF so, you might even be invited over to see our new deck....

No comments: