Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Guess where we are?

First hint--this is an afternoon shot....



 These next two were taken about 50 miles south along Hwy. 1.
(Unfortunately, I didn't get to see them in the wild.)
<> 
 An egg yoke jelly fish
<> 

This is a leaf Seahorse, amazing!



Hundreds of years of "visits" by the local and traveling birds have made these rocks white....



Have you seen houses like this before?


Have you guessed yet?


Here is a self-shot with the familiar look of the Golden Gate Bridge.

Gary had a business trip in San Jose (his first trip in about 10 years) as part of a "meet the team" meeting.  Gary has worked with many people on his team for years and never met them or they haven't met many of each other, so his new boos called them together.  I got invited.  We flew in on Monday and made a quick trip up to the Golden Gate Bridge and the coast.  It was a clear day and it was great to see that amazing bridge again.  We wandered about the city and then headed to the coast and saw some huge waves, birds, and these amazing surfers holding on to kites that pulled them through the waves.  We headed back down to Cupertino to join his team for a dinner at his boss's home.

Today Gary headed to work and I went about 70 miles down to Monterrey and visited the famous Cannery Row and Monterrey Aquarium.  It was a beautiful drive through the mountains and along the coast and dunes.  Tonight Gary and I then went for Indian food which was very good, but it is biting back this evening.

I will be heading home on Thursday and Gary will return on Friday.
We appreciate our kids "minding the store" while we are gone.

1 comment:

The Neerings Family said...

I remember the summer that my dad had a conference of some sort in San Francisco and they rented a house and stayed for 2 months or so. Right after Kyle was born. Paul (my brother of course) & I went to stay with them for 3 weeks that summer. It was really pretty. We did the Scenic Hwy 1 thing too, up to the Aquarium. All in a GOLD Cadillac...they ran out of minivans! Let me tell you, 2 adults, 2 teenagers, a 5 yr old and a newborn in a Caddy was pretty crazy!
I'd love to go back!