Thursday, April 29, 2010

How to Train a Dragon...

is a lot like training a child.  You love them, feed them, rub their back from time to time, and help them fly.  If you haven't seen this new movie, I suggest it for family fun.  Simple and sweet.  I went with Jena and my two sisters, Robin and Lynette who have been spending the week with me.

This has actually been a sisters visit to Syracuse with my other sister, Valerie, being here from Sunday to Wednesday before heading home to her family.  We have sorted through family pictures and writings of our mom and tried to decide what to do with things that respresent her life and our childhood.  We also have spent time sightseeing with Robin and Lynette who haven't been in this area for over 25 years.  We attended a temple session together on Tuesday at the beautiful new Oquirrh Mountain Temple.  Standing on the front garden area you can see Jordan River Temple and the Draper UT Temple in the distance.  Here is some pictures of the view.
Jordan River Temple--this is where Scott was sealed to us and the temple where I really learned about receiving inspiration within the walls of the temple. 


Draper UT Temple
I think it opened about 2 years ago.

the view to the east from the temple doors


Tulips in the gardens

We then headed over and visited with my dad at his home.  He is still using oxygen since his week in the hospital where he learned that not only was he having a reaction to medication, he was having a heart attack.  We were very glad he was there so things could get fixed as they happened.



It has been a good week,  We have never all gotten together as sisters without families since we have gotten married.  The idea came from the boys getting together in January to play games.

It has been fun and we hope to do it again sooner than 32 years!
(Of course, we have seen each other on trips to Texas and family reunions.  I wanted to make that clear that is hasn't been 32 years since we saw each other!)

3 comments:

Robynn said...

Oh Judy, I LOVE your Sisters Week. There is something almost magical about Sisters. They are truly the best of Friends in our lives. I'm glad I count you as one of my dearest Sisters too. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous photos. I loved being in that brand new temple earlier this month too. Love you, Rob

The Neerings Family said...

I love the picture. This is one I need to keep for sure!

Anonymous said...

Nice. About time I got over here to look at this. If I sign as Anonymous, I'm the guy in the center of the picture, LOL. If I knew how to sign some other way I might try it.