Sunday, December 2, 2018

Th saga of the baby quilts continues

but I am making progress.  True to my comments in the past, I am loving the time I spend making these quilts and I hope that each one is a reminder of my love for each of these sweet grandchildren.

The Friday after Thanksgiving, I was able to finish the binding on James's quilt and then give it to James on Saturday when they came to play for a few hours.

The quilts I need to bind
Cutting the edging for James' quilt and also some squares for Baby Girl Russell......


James' quilt---well, at least he isn't two yet!!!   Years ago Scott had found a quilt of monsters that he liked.  This was way before he had any kids at all.  So when he was having a boy, I decided to do a monster quilt.  That one Scott liked was way too complicated for me, but I found this adorable fabric and tried my hand at making one monster.  I love how it turned out (and I really like how the person machine quilted it.)


One more quilt top to make and then four to bind and I will be caught up on this grandmother project.

I am not a crafty person nor do I like to sew, but there is something about quilts which I love.  The sewing is all straight, fabrics are so amazing--I think I got that part from my mom, figuring them out is challenging, and I love the finished projects.  I already have several more ideas to work on after these quilts are done.

I think we all like to be creative in our own way.  Most of my creativeness is not directed in tangible ways, unless you count weird Christmas party invitations as a tangible creative endeavour (and those aren't very lasting.)  I love this short clip from President Uchtdorf.  (For readers of the blog, search lds.org  media library  Create.)

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2009-02-06-create?lang=eng

Being creative is very satisfying...do something creative today!

No comments: