Sunday, July 1, 2018

Grandchildren Times

The first Sunday of June (yes, I am that far behind on the blog), Jessica, Elessia, Liam, and Zander joined us for dinner and presents for Liam's third birthday which was the next day.
I think my mom would love how much my grandchildren love
to play on the piano.   I really don't remember our children
playing on the piano like that.
Happy Birthday, Liam.  So glad to have you in our family.
He loved his new bat and t-ball.  Love his concentration. 
Playing on our new slide and climbing toy.  Yes, grandchildren are spoiled.
Later in the month, I meet Liam and Zander at Liberty Park while Jessica and Elessia headed up to the major ultrasound (twin babies still doing well.)   We went to the Aviary and then went to the playground.
Our selfie.  We tried to get Zander into the picture, but he was not interested.
Climbing the wall is one of Liam's fun things.
There was an area that had these bird shapes with facts about birds.  Zander went to each one of them as if he was reading them and then to the next one.  Liam and I just sat and watched him for several minutes.  It was serious business for him.
The playground was awesome, despite the hundreds of kids running around everywhere.
Playing the Xylophone 
They had a tunnel that went under a wall separating the playground from a grass area.  The kids loved it, but it made me nervous because if they went out one end, you had to run around a bit of a distance to get to the area (or go through the tunnel which would not have been a fast trip for me either.) While Liam and Zander were playing, a small little girl went quickly through it and out the end where I was and headed running away ...with her mom frantically calling her to come back.  I pointed the mom in the right direction.
 They loved this tunnel and played for a long time in it.
Such a fun day.  Liberty Park is a place that I can't wait to take all of the grandkids to some day.

I didn't spend as much time with Scarlett and James this month and of course, not with Niki and Cooper at all.  Some photos of their cuteness are below:

Summer fun in Seattle:



The Russells including Niki LOVE car shows.
Scott and Chantel and their kids love the lake, especially nearby Pineview Dam.
Image may contain: 1 person, ocean, outdoor, nature and water
Scarlett and Scott
Scarlett

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, child and outdoor
James
They are all growing so quickly.  Hard to imagine that by the end of the year, we will add three more little ones to the crew.

No comments: