Sunday, December 20, 2015

November and Arizona

This was a very special November as I had the opportunity to go to Arizona to spend time with my sister and her family twice in one month.


My first trip was the first full weekend of the month.  My niece Lisa and her husband were taking out their endowments at the Gilbert Temple.  They have been married about 14 years and this was an awesome event that I did not want to miss.  I flew in on Wednesday and came back on Sunday afternoon.  We had fun times talking and being together and I actually got a lot of homework done as well as her family had a busy Saturday with a Family History Fair.  I used the time to get ahead on assignments and readings plus took a long walk in the wonderful weather.




Valerie and I leaving the Gilbert Temple--Notice the sack in my hand.
About 5:00 pm, I said to my sister-"They do have clothes to rent at the Gilbert Temple.  After all, it is a big temple." I have been there before but only for a wedding, but I had assumed they did. NO! Since we had to be at the temple in 60 minutes, we started scrambling.  Landi had to work so I was able to borrow her temple clothes and we ran to Deseret Book and got a dress and some shoes.  Thankfully while I was checking out the cashier suggested I might want a slip or I would have forgotten that entirely.  It was a wonderful evening to be in the temple with Lisa and Paul (Neerings) and share this special occasion with them.


Saturday, Ben texted me while I was on my walk to ask me what I was doing so I sent him this picture as I was walking by it at that time.  Blue skies, mild temps---beautiful day.



Evanie (Jarom's daughter) LOVES olives as you can see.





It is fun to spend time with Valerie's grandchildren too. I love hearing about them and how they are growing so it is great to hang out with them and grow to love them personally.


Sunday, I attended a regional conference with Valerie, Lance, and Kylie.  They said that this conference was being shown throughout the southwest including Texas and it made me happy to think that my brothers and sisters might have all seen the same conference maybe even at the same time.  There was a great talk by Lynn Robbins about "Simplify".  It impressed me.  My life can be a bit complicated at times although I feel comfortable that I am involved in the things that I should be involved in.  However there are many ways to simplify and ensure that your focus is on the things that Heavenly Father wants you to be focused on.  When I have time, I am planning to implement some of those things....actually I know I will have to make time to implement changes!  More later.


It was a nice break and great to be with family, but as usual it was awesome to see Gary, Jena and Ben again--and later everyone else.  There is no place like home!

No comments: