Sunday, January 27, 2013

San Fransisco--actually Monterey and San Jose

Saturday we headed south and west to the Pacific coast.  Monterey Bay has a great aquarium that both Gary and I liked and wanted to share with Jena and his mom.

The drive is beautiful up and down the hills
which were covered with early morning fog.


Our first view when we walked in--
a scuba diver cleaning the window of a big aquarium

Face to face with a penguin

Coral


They had tanks and tanks of jelly fish of all types



Leaf seahorse

Jena and I


Jena watching the waves
Did I mention I am a "geek" in relationship to the ocean?  Gary knows how much I love to be at the beach so he dropped off Jena and I at a beach to enjoy it for a few minutes before we headed back to San Jose.  There was no place to park for free so it was just the two of us.  Too cold for swimming anyway but it was nice to touch the water and listen and watch the waves on the beach.  I couldn't convince Jena to take off her shoes so I restrained myself as well, but it was good to be on a beach, anyway.

We headed back to San Jose in the late afternoon as we had one more surprise for the day.  We got tickets for the evening performance of "Shen Yun", a classical and modern Chinese dance company.  The dancing and costumes were great and we all enjoyed it.  Very different from musicals which we usually attend but very spectaculor.  They had dances from different time periods and ethnic groups of China.  I wasn't sure how Jena would like just dancing but she loved it too.



(Weather still in the single digits in Utah!)

No comments: