Sunday, October 30, 2011

Parties and Fun

Jena had a busy week of partying.  Tuesday was Young Womens which she loves, Wednesday she attend a Halloween party for the Utah Down Syndrome Foundation which was put on by a Mutual Group in Centerville, Thursday we went to see "My Fair Lady" at the Hale Theater (awesome), and Friday we had a Special Olympics team Halloween Party...................and Saturday we stayed home and clean the house!  Excwpt for me who spent the morning at our Stake RS Meeting which included me doing a part of a presentation on "Meaningful Family Traditions which bind a family together". (Actually I did come home and do the yard and house cleaning stuff.  We had had our carpets cleaned on Friday and the house was still in disaray and there were some things I wanted to do before putting everything back.  You know how it is.) Whew........We (at least Gary and I) took long Sunday naps today.

Tosha took a quick jaunt to Moab at the beginning of the week and sent me some amazing pictures.
Climbing

Clouds are such a bonus of living on this earth

Amazing view of the river

In addition to the parties Jena had, I also had my "good bye" party at work as I am officially "in the process" of quitting.  What that means is that except for a few things that I am going to finish up over the next few months, I am no longer working at LDS Family Services.  I will finish two home studies and complete the supervision for my families who got babies and will be finalizing over the next five months (so they will not have to change caseworkers).  So I will technically remain on the payroll to finish those things up.  "Any whatever else I can get her to do", quote from my boss, Tammy.

I have loved working at LDS Family Services.  It has been a very rewarding opportunities and I will always be grateful for all that I learned and the great people who I got to work with.  My life has been touched so many times as I have been a small part in someone else's life as they deal with what life and choices have dealt them.  Those young women and young men that I was able to rub shoulders with at a particular time in their lives have been great examples to me of the power of atonement and of change.  The adoptive couples who I have worked with are also examples of dealing with life and its twists and turns.

People have asked me what I am planning to do with all of my free time........no worries, I have a long list of things that I need and want to do--more than a lifetime of things.  The challenge is choosing the right and best things for that list to do.  And after a week or two it might seem like I have more time (still writing a home study and some supervisions this week), but then life will fill up and I will wonder how I ever managed to be away for 20 hours a week on average.  That's life................

Enjoy trick or treating tomorrow.

No comments: