Sunday, May 8, 2011

It was a vacation week but......

One of my co-workers asked how my vaction week was going and I just laughed......I had taken the week off this past week from work because I had worked so many hours in April and I had so many things to do around the house that I couldn't get to. That was the plan....

I knew that it wasn't going to be a week totally without work since Thursday night we had our yearly Birth Parent Appreciation dinner (the day before Mother's Day is Birth Mother's day so we try to have a dinner sometime that week to honor those who have placed their babies.) And then on Friday night we had a concert "Celebrating Adoption with Michaal McLean". That meant that I had several texts and emails related to that throughout the week. Both of those events turned out great. Michael McLean played his songs related to adoption and others and inbetween he talked about the stories and feelings related to the songs. It was great. We probably had over 1000 people there.

However the week did have some fun times as well that I was able to do without worrying about work---My sister, Valerie came a day early for a conference so we could spend some time together. Soon after she arrived we headed to Provo to watch Chantel run at a track meet there, Valerie was able to visit Megan while we were there and we all joined up for dinner including Chantel's parents and some of their friends.

On Thursday Jena and I joined with our Special Olympics team for the annual Torch run. We rode in a truck while others ran and walked along following the torch caried by members of the law enforcement people in our area.



After that Valerie and I headed to Salt Lake for lunch with my Dad and Karla and an afternoon of game playing. We played "Ticket to Ride" and of course my dad won. It was a great afternoon.

So I didn't really get all the things done that I wanted to do, because life kept coming even though I was on "vacation". That is what my co-worker commented, "You forget when you take time off work it doesn't mean that the "cooking, cleaning, and caring for children" stops. It keeps coming." I did get to spend a day on Saturday in the backyard and feel like I accomplished something. Hope your week was also productive.

1 comment: