Sunday, January 11, 2015

Saturday afternoon cousin fun....

Before Chantel and Scott left our house Friday night, they arranged the first cousin "play date" for Saturday afternoon at Scarlett's house.  I got myself invited and Jena and I spent the afternoon playing on the floor with Niki and Scarlett.  At one point, Scott said, "Mom, I can't believe you have this much free time."  Certain things you make time for and being with two grandkids at once is very high on the list.  They are 4 weeks apart and you can tell that difference in that things Scarlett was working on last month is exactly what Niki is working on.  However you can also see their own little personalities emerging as well.  They are both engaging and open kids who love people so what's not to like.  It was so fun.
Aunt Jena loves them and loves being an aunt.
 They played with toys, with each other, and tolerated us talking about them, passing them around, and taking lots of pictures with different cameras.  They are each other's only cousins at this point.

Have I mentioned that I love these little people?
 
No visit to Scott and Chantel's would be complete without checking in on the fish.  Scott has three aquariums including this beautiful one on their counter by the kitchen sink.  It is so striking.  Scott, as you remember, was the reptile guy who used to feed gold fish to his snakes.  Now he has moved to fish as his passion and hobby.  I love fish too.  Maybe when I graduate from school I will get myself an aquarium again.....we will see.


No comments: