Sunday, January 11, 2015

My Best Christmas Present this year...

Friday was a fun day as I was busy getting ready to have dinner with the kids that night.  With everyone's work schedules, it is hard to get everyone together so I really appreciate it when we can gather.  This night, Jessica and Elessia were going to do the "gender reveal" for grand child number three who is arriving this upcoming May.  Scott and Chantel with Scarlett would be there for a short time, Ben was able to get a pass to spend the evening with us (on Thursday he had been transferred to the CRU--an impatient unit near our house as he has been making some progress and could go to a more open situation), and Tosha and Austen were going to Face Time with us at 6:45 for the big reveal.  Almost perfect plan for the evening!

Everyone arrived but Tosha and Austen were late getting to their Wi-Fi spot.  They don't have internet so they were heading somewhere else to get Wi-Fi to do Face Time.  Scott and Chantel had to leave early because they had another party that night so we were all anxious for the big reveal.  About 6:55 Jessica reported that Tosha said they were about 5 minutes from their Wi-Fi spot.  A few minutes later, our front door opened and we heard people coming in.  I mentally was checking the kids to see if someone had headed out to their car or something and then I saw Tosha and Austen holding Niki heading into the kitchen.  I grabbed Tosha and just held her.  It was so amazing and such a perfect Christmas surprise.  And after that hug, I grabbed that cute little Niki and held him for the rest of the night...okay, I did let everyone else have short turns with him. It was so great to have Scarlett and Niki in the same room together for the very first time.
Austen and Tosha meeting Scarlett in person
 

Tosha felt bad that Scarlett was a bit upset for a second while she was holding her.
It is such an unusual face for Scarlett that I had to post it.  I think Scarlett
could sense all of our emotions but couldn't understand what it all meant.
Niki takes it all in.
With truly everyone in the same room, Jessica handed Jena a small white box which she ...slowly...opened..to reveal---A little boy is on his way.  His ornament is now hanging up on our Christmas tree. 


Everything is looking great so far.  Their plan for a name at the moment is Liam Michael Hall.  Things can change of course, but they are pretty sure that is the name they are going with.  Scott and Chantel had to hurry off but not without promises from Tosha and Austen to spend sometime with them so that the cousins can spend time together.


Niki and Aunt Jessica

Gary called his mom and asked her if she would like to come over and find out about the new great grand child.  She did so he headed off to pick her up.  Just when they pulled into the garage I said, "I bet Dad didn't tell grandma about Tosha and Austen being here."  Seconds later, she walked in and did a double take, "TOSHA".  The kids said it was almost as good as my face when I saw her.  I won't lie, I was shocked and cried as I held her.  No picture proof for the event however.  It was just awesome.

Niki and Great grandma Hall

The rest of us talked about babies, ate, and talked some more.  I think we might have played a game but I can't really remember that.  I mostly just held Niki and talked to him.  He is a very mellow baby with a great smile. And seriously the biggest brown eyes! So cute.

Sisters and now they are both going to be parenting boys.

Austen is still getting to know the family...
and how to work our banana chairs...
Tosha actually videoed his first attempts to
pull the chair back upwards because it took
him a couple of tries.
 
 I dreamed about the kids all night Friday night and woke with a big smile.  I couldn't believe my kids were all in the same state.  It was awesome.

No comments: