Sunday, October 13, 2024

Going West!

Our original plan was to leave Bentonville and travel to Topeka, Kansas, to meet up with some friends from Syracuse who now lived there.  However, as we were leaving Bentonville, Marie called to tell me that they had to head to the hospital with her mother-in-law who lives with them and they wouldn't be back in time to meet us.  (Her mother-in-law is doing well now after a few days in the hospital being treated for a pneumonia,)  That meant we could reroute our trip and go further north and take I-80 through Nebraska, Wyoming and then Utah (and actually it also included a bit of Iowa).  We spent the first night in Lincoln, Nebraska and the second night in Rock Springs, Wyoming, and arrived in Syracuse on Monday afternoon--September 23rd.  We had great traveling weather with overcast skies much of the way and only a little rain as we entered Nebraska Saturday night...

Bridge across the Missouri River in Kansas City area---


The River

The clouds start to darken before the storm hit.  Not sure why there is a dark spot in this photo...

On to the plains of the Great Plains--not many hills to be seen.

Sunday......

As we entered into Wyoming, there was this huge flag flying and of course, it was windy as it often is in southern Wyoming.
We stopped again at the Lincoln Rest Stop in Wyoming--the highest spot along the I-80.
And look, they have round hay bales here in Wyoming as well.
We are sporting our Bluey shirts which Jessica and Elessia and family gave us for Christmas, I think.  We are getting closer to home.

I missed the entering Utah sign but Echo Canyon is a familiar place in our many drives from Texas to Utah and back again.

And unlike Arkansas, Utah had already started showing its fall colors.....
Frankly, as we traveled, I was mostly in the "heartbreaking part of the goodbyes."  There were so many memories and people and things that I will miss and my mind was full of those things.  In fact, I wondered at times if I was really ready to go home at all.  However, as we drove into Davis County, I teared up and felt the overwhelming feeling of HOME.  This was our home and it was time for us to be here again.


WE ARE HOME!!!

It is now October 13 and we are still adjusting in so many ways and I have no idea what I am going to do next with my life (other than the remodel project we are hoping to start soon.)  But just like being in Arkansas was right for that part of our life, I know that Syracuse is right for this next part of our life.  Isn't life a grand adventure?!!!!


No comments: