Sunday, November 5, 2017

My New Office

 As a full-time therapist, I was moved from the intern's office in the hallway behind the work room into one of the pods with three other therapists.  My new office is a bit bigger and more of a rectangle instead of a square.  Surprisingly, it has taken a few weeks to get use to the new location.
 I switched the pictures in my office from one bulletin board to the new one.  One of my clients (7 year old boy) told me, " I LOVE that you took my picture from your old office to this one.)  He was so excited, it made me tear-up.
My office is now located on the south side of the building instead of the north.  I still have two beautiful window but now I get direct sun shining in during the day which means I have to rearrange chairs or move my computer screen to get away from the sun. (The blinds aren't room darkening at all.)

So this is where I spend a majority of my day, playing with kids, helping parents, and writing (always) writing reports of all kinds.  I like my job and I am amazed at the strength of kids and parents dealing with very hard things.  It is a privilege to help them a tiny bit in this difficult journey we call life.
I just noticed after about a month of being in this office, that my name is now outside my door.  No picture yet but I will add it after I get one.

No comments: