Sunday, April 17, 2016

Saturdays and yard work

I feel very fortunate that we have had open Saturdays to catch up on some spring yard work and the weather has be cooperative as well.  I do like doing yard work--when I have time, beautiful weather, and I am in the mood---

Jena took this picture of me wearing a hat so here is the proof I actually did some work....

You might notice the truck in that picture is sideways in our driveway.  That is because part of what we did was pull out some bushes in the front of our house.  Two between the tall bushes in front of our living room and two others on the other side.  They weren't looking good any more.  Gary was very proud of his plan and it worked great to yank them out of the ground.  Much better than my plan to clip and trim and dig out.

Yesterday was a much cooler day than the prior Saturday but by the afternoon we headed outside to start the spring cleanup in the backyard.  We got our deck cleaned and set up and started some work in the flower gardens.  Jena worked along with us and cleaned all of the weeds out of the sandbox under the swings.
With the tulips blooming around the back yard, it was great to be outside, playing in the dirt and water, and admiring the flowers.  I love spring!


Another task we did was to empty out our four 55-gal. water containers.  In doing so, we discovered that there was a hole in one of the barrels so not much water was in that container and the seals around the plugs weren't good anymore.  Luckily we have 250 gals. of water in a large container in our garage.  It is that time of year to check your water supply and make sure you have stored enough water for at least 14 days (14 gals. per person in household-minimum.)
I love the feeling of getting things done and crossed off my list.

1 comment:

Gemie said...

Way to go Judy!!! Love how you store your water!!! Love your posts!